An awesome pre or post workout snack. As always, various substitutions are possible with the ingredients. For example, you could use hazelnuts instead of almonds, currants instead of dates, and obviously cocoa powder is fine, rather than cacao.
This recipe makes approximately 16 balls.
- 2 bananas (medium size)
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 ½ cups desiccated coconut
- Place almonds, bananas, dates, balsamic, cacao powder in a food processor and blend until it becomes a relatively smooth paste
- Scrape the mixture into a bowl and keep adding the dessicated coconut until the consistency becomes firm enough to shape into balls. This usually requires between 1 – 1½ cups, but sometimes a bit more
- Shape the mixture into balls and roll in a bit more desiccated coconut
- Place in the fridge to chill and firm up before eating (ideally 2-3 hrs)